In this wide-ranging conversation, I spoke with Michael Skiba, who participated in the very first cohort of Building a Second Brain in January 2017. He talks about how he’s continued using and developing his Second Brain over that time.
Our conversation includes:
- How he uses his digital notes to maintain a side gig as a comedian, while working a day job, including how he created a pipeline and testing process for jokes
- The colorful variety of specialized notebooks he created for storing different kinds of information
- How he uses his notes to keep track of elevator pitches, bios, and other notes on his profile as a creator
- Screenshare walkthrough of his Evernote setup
- How he archives past projects so they are out of the way, but instantly available for later recall and review
- How a Second Brain can be used to solve problems with its own creation and management (because it’s a general problem solving system, not a specialized one)
- The implications of working on the frontier of knowledge, drawing on the work of Karl Popper and other philosophers, when it comes to building practical knowledge management systems
Follow us for the latest updates and insights around productivity and Building a Second Brain on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. And if you're ready to start building your Second Brain, get the book and learn the proven method to organize your digital life and unlock your creative potential.