This is a conversation and interview with Toby Sola, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer of Brightmind, a meditation app that expands the boundaries of human potential through tailored meditation instruction.
We discuss topics such as:
- The intersection and fusion of monastic and entrepreneurial cultures
- How Toby stays focused and motivated building a technology product designed to help people live better lives
- The benefits of meditation and mindfulness not just on stress and sleep, but our ability to make a positive impact on the world
- Meditation as training in letting go (and going beyond) your own perspective, which paradoxically allows you to hold on to it much more strongly when it matters most
- Whether and how empathy for user experience design is teachable
- Behind the scenes of developing an intentional meditation app
- Critiques of current meditation teaching techniques and how Brightmind is addressing them, and setting up users for a robust meditation practice
- Meditation as a cognitive operating system for modern life
- Balancing solving problems (pains) with aspirational benefits (gains) in self-improvement training
- How embracing what makes you unique and weird is crucial to building a strong brand and following
Click here and use promo code sitwithtiago for 50% off a Brightmind subscription.
Follow us for the latest updates and insights around productivity and Building a Second Brain on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. And if you're ready to start building your Second Brain, get the book and learn the proven method to organize your digital life and unlock your creative potential.